Cross Party Group (CPG) on Sport
The Scottish Sports Assocaition is joint secretariat for the CPG on Sport along with the offices of the co-conveners Alison Johnstone MSP and Liz Smith MSP.
Cross-Party Groups (CPGs) provide an opportunity for Members of all parties, outside organisations and members of the public to meet and discuss a shared interest in a particular cause or subject. Full details on CPGs can be found on the Scottish Parliament website here.
Purpose of the group:
- To support the development of sport, sporting and being active opportunities towards a more active Scotland
- To ensure that sport/being active, and the benefits of sport and being active, have a high profile in the Scottish Parliament
- To influence Scottish Government policy
- To liaise with sportscotland, Scottish Governing Bodies of sport and other relevant national and active recreation organisations in Scotland so that such organisations will be able to keep MSPs informed on matters affecting Scottish sport and a more active Scotland.
Meetings are open to members of the public but you must register in order to attend.
- Next meeting is: Friday 12th March 2021, 1pm - 2:30pm
Minutes of previous meetings can be read here.
Presentations and reports related to meetings can be viewed from here.
In order to re-register the CPG on Sport in the new Parliament, we require to update the ‘Registered Members’ list of the CPG on Sport. A list of the previous ‘Registered Members’ can be found on the Parliament’s website here.
If you wish to become a ‘registered member’ of the CPG on Sport, please complete the form below.